Whatever fitness goal you’re hoping to tackle this year to reach your own personal best, it’s likely you’re also looking to improve your strength, endurance in the process.
But 30 minutes and only 12 exercises? That’s right! This exclusive circuit routine, which when performed at least three times per week, can be used on its own to help you tone up from head-to-toe. Use this workout as a supplement and make achieving your other fit resolutions that much easier.
Perform all three circuits back-to-back taking 30 seconds in between each to rest and hydrate.
Repeat the whole workout three times through. If you can’t finish in 30 minutes off the bat, aim to shave off a few seconds each time you perform the workout.
Let’s start our fat loss journey through the fat!
Lunge Pass Through:
- Stand with both feet together and a dumbbell in right hand.
- Begin by lunging forward with left leg and pass the dumbbell through left leg to the left hand.
- Now, lunge forward with right leg and pass the dumbbell through right leg.
- Keep back straight and make sure front knee does not pass front toe during the lunge.
- Repeat 8 times on each leg.
Biceps Curl + Lunge Hop:
- Stand with both feet together and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Begin by lunging forward with right leg and perform a biceps curl (or two for an extra challenge!).
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat 5 reps on each side.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Begin by squatting back until upper thighs are nearly parallel to the ground.
- Reach down to the ground with left hand, then jump straight up in the air in this position.
- Land in a squat position and switch hands, placing right hand on the ground.
- Alternate between hands and do 10 total squat hops.
Upright Row to Lateral Raise:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand resting on the tops of thighs.
- Begin by raising the dumbbells straight up to collar bone.
- Elbows will raise above forearms.
- Release the dumbbells back to the starting position, then do a lateral raise by bending arms at a 90-degree angle and raising them to the sides of body until arms are parallel to the ground.
- Release back to the starting position and alternate between each move for 10 rounds.
Glute Bridge Press + Triceps Extension:
- Lie on your back with knees at a 90-degree angle and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Begin by raising h-ips and squeezing glutes.
- Maintain this position throughout the exercise.
- Perform a dumbbell press by pushing the dumbbells straight up into the air with palms facing each other.
- Then, slowly lower the dumbbells over head to perform a triceps extension.
- Lower the dumbbells over head until forearms are parallel to the ground, then bring them back straight up and lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10 reps.
- Begin in a high plank position with hands directly underneath shoulders supporting body weight.
- Bring left knee up to left elbow, over to right elbow, then return to the starting position.
- Throughout this exercise, keep core tight and stable.
- Repeat for 8 reps then switch sides.
Dumbbell Front Squat + Press:
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and with a dumbbell in each hand at chest level, palms facing body.
- Begin by squatting back until thighs are as close to parallel as possible.
- Then, stand from the squat by pushing through heels and simultaneously perform a dumbbell press by pushing them up in the air as you rotate the dumbbells to face away from body.
- Rotate dumbbells back in as you return them to starting position.
- Repeat for 10 reps.
Single-Leg Deadlift + Row:
- Stand with feet together and a dumbbell in each hand, resting at sides.
- Begin by bending at waist, raising left leg back so you are balancing on right leg, and lowering dumbbells near shins.
- Bend at the torso until back is parallel to the ground but be sure back is straight and not curled over.
- Once back is parallel to the ground and left leg is parallel to the ground behind you, bring the two dumbbells up to torso and squeeze back.
- Return the dumbbells to in front of shins, then slowly stand back up.
- Repeat 5 reps on each leg.
Burpee + Jump Turn:
- Stand with feet together and arms at sides.
- Begin with a burpee by squatting down and placing hands on the floor.
- Bring feet back up to chest as quickly as possible.
- Jump straight up in the air, then jump at a 180-degree angle so you are facing the other direction, and perform your next burpee.
- Repeat for 8 reps.
This is how people reacted to this post:
Jo Sante Nutri: “Puis-je brûler les graisses en 30 minutes? Avec ces 12 mouvements, vous serez mince en un rien de temps.”
Lauren Chelsea: “That front squat and press! That form scares me.
Chest up! Don’t lean forward!”
Mike Capps: “Exercise strengthens your body. Eating correctly helps you lose fat.”
Ng Yeng Hoong: “You need to have strict diet. Watch what u eat.”
This article was originally published on the gymguider.com